Happy Christmas Eve!
Earlier this week I posted the Christmas sugar cookies that I baked with my family on Instagram and I thought that I would share the recipe with you!
- 225g of softened butter OR margarine (which is 1 cup if you’re American)
- 1 whole package/3 ounces of softened cream cheese – I used Philadelphia Medium.
- 170g of sugar (1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- 1 egg.
- 675g of plain flour (3 cups)
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt.
- A variety of writing icing pens.
- Put the butter/margarine, egg, cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract into a large bowl and beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until it’s light and fluffy. Then stir the flour and salt until blended
- Cover with cling film and refrigerate the dough for a minimum of 2 hours, but no more than 10 hours.
- Heat oven to 190°C (375°F). On a lightly floured surface, roll one fourth of the dough at a time to about 1/8 inch thick.
- Cut dough with assorted cookie cutters. Place the cookies about 1 inch apart on a tray covered in grease-proof paper.
- Bake the cookies for about 7 to 10 minutes or until they are light brown. Immediately remove them from the tray onto a wire cooling rack and allow them to cool completely.
- Now for the fun part, decorate as desired!
As this is my final post for 2015, I want to wish you all a happy holidays! I hope you have a great Christmas with all your loved ones and I will see you in the New Year!